The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course informs divers and non divers about the plight of the world’s coral reefs. The course describes how coral reefs function and why they are so important. It also reviews why many reefs are in serious trouble and what individuals can do to prevent further decline.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
- An introduction to Project AWARE
- The importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of the world's coral reefs
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices
This is a non-diving course.